Monday 11 February 2013

On Vday

Usually, when people know that you're single on Valentine's Day, they automatically assume you're bitter and ask you to join the Anti-Valentine's Day Movement.
Well, I've been single on Valentine's Day for seventeen years, and I've never really felt bitter about it. Maybe  because I like the holiday. I may not receive sweet nothings, chocolates, and other tokens of a person's affections, but I like looking at people who do receive them.
I don't know. Just because you're single, you don't have to hate on people who aren't. And just because you don't have a Valentine, doesn't mean that Valentine's Day is going to suck. It's a fun holiday, with love all over in the air. The least you can do is enjoy it while you can.
And if you don't, well, just boycott VDay altogether.

Happy Valentine's!

No comments:

Post a Comment