Saturday 23 August 2014

House help relationships

I can't stand house help.
Sure, I love what they do: sweep the floors, wash the dishes, make your beds and sometimes cook up a meal. But other than that, I despise them.
It's nothing personal to be honest. I have no grudges towards any of the helpers I've previously had. But most of the time, they don't last. The last time there was one present in my house was eight years ago, and she didn't last long.
Here's the thing. Their job is to keep everything clean, make sure nothing is a mess. So with that said, they're constantly on the move, arranging things, touching your stuff. And I don't like that. I don't like leaving a room with a book on a table and coming back to see it gone(alright that's exaggerated, but you get the point).
You see, I think most of them believe that whatever can be moved, stored, and hidden should be moved, stored, and hidden. Whatever's not a piece of bulky furniture is a mess. Like, I know it's a mess but at least I know where my stuff are!!!
One time, a helper stuffed a stuff-less stuffed animal in a drawer because she thought it was a rag. That was quite traumatizing.
Aside from that, I don't like being around a lot of people. Home is where I get to be my ultimate ugly self and the only people who are allowed to see me at that state are my family. So having a helper around is quite uncomfortable.
I honestly believe that househelp is one of the best things that can happen to a household,but for people like me, I'd rather live in a pig sty than be with a stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment