Monday 11 August 2014

100 Things to Write About: Birthdays

Birthdays never really end up the way I plan them to be. Your birthday was no exception. I was planning to celebrate it by myself, probably eat a slice of cake and mope about you not liking me. Basically the same things I was doing in your past birthdays.
This year was different, though. It’s not that I didn’t want to celebrate your birthday, or that today wasn’t special. It’s just that today felt ordinary, and I was rushing in and out of classrooms to bother about feelings that should have been dead long ago.
I take this as a sign from the universe telling me that you are no longer worth the cheesy blogposts, tweets, or the poems that I write. Maybe this is finally the time where I realize that I am finally over you because suddenly your birthday does not feel like a holiday.
So congratulations on being nineteen and travelling around the world and being ridiculously handsome. But I guess I’d have to congratulate myself too. I guess, probably, I’ve moved past you.

This calls for some cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment